Question:
i need help with my janome memory craft 6500 sewing machine. gtting error message,( bm init error )please help
2007-12-15 09:59:56 UTC
my sewing machine give the following error, BM init error.. i do not understand this as the only info it gave me was that (error in initialization of stepping motor). is ther a simple solution to this or do i need to call service centre. also can the machine be manually reset?. i really want answers that are usefull and not ones telling me to phone customer service or such, please help.
Three answers:
2007-12-15 17:45:07 UTC
Try the Universal Electronic Repair Maneuver first:

unplug the machine from power

wait at least 15 minutes

plug back in

This works surprisingly often -- electronics have a tendency to lose their minds when there's a bit of a power surge or sag.

If this doesn't work, I'd take it to a dealer for repair (they might well have a loaner for you) -- the stepper motor initialization error says that one of the little motors controlling needle position hasn't got a clue about what to do, which is often a board fault. :-(
2016-04-09 08:57:06 UTC
I’m aware that this has been happening for the last 6 hours, since Valve updated the engine. I’m going to head into the office right now to look into it and see if I can get a patch to fix it. This is the cost of being on the newest version of the Source engine. It’s going to happen sometimes. But I’d rather have a days downtime every 6 months than be on a 2 year old version of the Source engine. I hope you agree. I’ll edit this post with updates as I get them. 09:18 – Got into the office. Looking into the issue. 09:24 – Apparently mdlcache is NULL. Uh-oh. Merging code with Valve’s latest. 09:56 – Merging code. It’s slow shoving code about on SVN. 10:07 – Chatting in the steam chat while I’m waiting – join it here 10:18 – 200 people in chat, it’s unchattable. Merging code now, going well so far. 10:37 – Merge was successful, committing, then I’ll try to compile it, then fix any errors. Then hopefully we should be ready. 10:38 – PC is compiling fine – mac is complaining: “ld: library not found for -l-liconv” 11:21 – After much head scratching – I think I have fixed the OSX build. Testing now. 11:41 – SVN version should work properly now 11:52 – Waiting for OSX build to complete 12:09 – .. and I’m done! I’ve done everything I can. It’s in Valve’s hands now. I’ve emailed everyone I know there to tell them there’s an update that needs to go out but I don’t know whether they work on a Saturday. Wish they’d let us push our own updates out! Oh well, fingers crossed that it fixes everything!
Fourcandles
2007-12-16 11:39:44 UTC
If you have had no joy, try asking here.

www.thesewingforum.co.uk

Goodluck.